There will be a big party on Sunday, October 11 to celebrate little Gavin's life. It will start with his baptism that morning. I've been looking forward to announcing this special day, and I'm looking forward even more to planning it!
I apologize to those of you that dealt with me being crazy about the subject of baptism when Gavin was in the NICU. I was a bit out of my mind by suggestions of having an "emergency" baptism in the hospital. One of the deacons from church even showed up at the hospital ready to do it. I told him that wasn't necessary.
The idea of an emergency baptism made me nuts because in my mind, it suggested that people didn't have faith in Gavin's ability to fight through the challenges he faced particularly in his first week of life. To me, discussing an emergency baptism was a fine line from preparing for his death. It hurt me so much to even consider that as a possibility, though I now can recognize in hindsight that things were pretty touch and go for awhile there.
With that behind us, I'm ready to have Gavin baptized as a celebration of his current and future life. If you'd like to come to the ceremony or party or both, just let Josh or I know and we'll give you the details. You can even just post a comment requesting to be added to the list if that's easier.
Yay Gavin!
-Lena
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Save the Date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'd love to be there to help celebrate :)
We will be there with bells on!
Grammy & Bapa
We'd love to come if we can. Sundays are a bit... well... busy. Let me know, though!
Can't wait to be there! Let me know if there's anything else you need help with or need done. My parish should be sending that letter to your parish, so hopefully that will be all set. Very excited for it all!!
Post a Comment