Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Delayed Update

Gavin turned 1 on July 2. The day came and went without any real update (other than a picture), but with good reason. His 12-month check-up came over a week later, and since I didn't have anything to update from that appointment yet, I thought I would save it all for one post.

At 12 Months:
Weight: 20-lbs (10th Percentile)
Height: 30-inches (75th Percentile)

Which means we have ourselves a lean machine on our hands. Switching from formula to whole milk proved a little hard on his system, so we're back on the formula for a little while. The doctor seems to think his digestive system is just a little bit delayed. Nothing to be worried about, at all. He'll get there.

In other news, Gavin's getting around a whole lot more (video to come). He doesn't quite have the whole walking thing down yet, but he's close. He'll take a few steps, usually 3-4, before plopping back down or lunging for something to grab. There was a string of about 7 steps yesterday before he took a seat with a very pleased look on his face.

Chloe's 3 now. What does that mean? She precocious, talkative, and smart. Really smart. The kids spent Saturday night with Nana & Gramps so Lena and I could go out. When we called to talk to her, apparently the reception was not great, and over the line you hear her say, "Nana, I can't hear Mommy. Can you turn it up, please." Or something like that, I'm paraphrasing, but it was very proper and perhaps a little grown up.

She has her grumpy moments (video of that to come, too), but all things being equal, she's a good kid. And when she snuggles, there's nothing like it in the world.

No comments: